Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the weekly recap feature created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Tara @ 25 Hour Books, where they shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else they’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books they plan on reading in the coming week.
After a very fun weekend of choir touring/tons of dancing/a hot mess, I had to return to the real world of work. The good thing is, we had book club this week! I love getting together with work friends and talking books. This month we’re going to do two light reads to change the pace from the heavy books we read the past two months.
I also got to hang out with my high school BFF, Jess. She just got a new house so I had to go see it. We talked books A LOT. She just read The Hunger Games with one of her classes. She also made my week when I asked her if any of the kids were enjoying the books I donated. I had given her copies of Sloppy Firsts and Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty, Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson, and the Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray. She said her ninth grade girls had all read them and loved them. I was so excited about that and I had this moment where I felt like my decision to apply to library school was the right one. I just love sharing books with other people. I love being able to recommend something to someone or give them a book that I thought was great. When they come back to tell me how much they loved it, I just feel warm inside. I could probably write an entire blog post about this, but it was just a great moment for me because I’ve never felt more certain about my decisions for the future.
Friday I went to see The Avengers with the boyfriend. It was amazing and much funnier than I expected. Then, Saturday I went to an arts and crafts festival with my mother. We love to do stuff like that together and it was a lot of fun.
Owl Tell You About It Recap
- It’s Monday! What are you reading?
- Rewind & Review: May 2012
- Review: Ladies in Waiting by Laura L. Sullivan
- Review: The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
- Book Club Read: The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- Review: Hand Me Down by Melanie Thorne
- Review: Dance of the Gods by Ann Mayburn
Blog Posts and Reviews I Loved
- Elena at Novel Sounds reviewed The Lover’s Dictionary by David Levithan
- I’m loving Rachel’s Fifty Shades of Grey Read Along at Parajunkee’s View
- Jamie posted some awesome Jane Austen Retail Therapy at The Perpetual Page-Turner
- I couldn’t agree more with Vicky’s rant on how blogging shouldn’t be popularity contest at Books, Biscuits, and Tea.
- Alison posted a very interesting post about death in YA literature at Alison Can Read.
- I think I might have to add some of the short stories Tanya posted at Girlxoxo.
Book Blogging Events
- You still have until the end of the day to enter giveaways and do challenges for the Spring Blog Carnival.
- Don’t miss out of the Bout of Books readathon! It starts tomorrow.
the summer I turned pretty movie
If that’s happening, I want to know about it.
what happens in fifty shades freed?
I should have just done that instead of suffering through 500 pages.
fifty shades of grey passage sex
Why mess with the whole book when you can find the sex scenes for free?
Let me just say that about 80% of my search terms this month had to do with the Fifty Shades trilogy. Either A LOT of people are interested in those books or I have a decent search ranking for them.
I picked these up from the library
- Black Butler Volume 9 by Yana Toboso
- It’s Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
- We’ll always Have Summer by Jenny Han
- One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Graphic Novel
- Lola by J. Torres and Elbert Orr
- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
I got these from NetGalley
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame: The Graphic Novel by Time Conrad
- House of Night: The Graphic Novel
- Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins
- Lord Atwood’s Lovers by Eva Clancy
I bought this one
- The Complete Tales & Poems of Edgar Allen Poe (awesome B&N leather bound version)
Penguin Audio sent me these
Leave a Reply